Thursday, June 23, 2016

A Letter To The Rising Seniors From A Just Graduated Senior



Hey you, yes you. The rising Senior who is so excited to finally be the top dog in school. A year ago, I was just like you. I was so excited to be a rising Senior. I read an article similar to this one that told me some things about Senior year. Of course, I did not believe them and just thought that the writer was exaggerating. But here I am, a year later and the information that I read could not had been more relatable. So, here is some advice for you, rising Senior, from a just graduated Senior.

1. This year is going to fly by!! ENJOY IT


I remember reading this a year ago and thought "No, this year won't fly by, graduate is so far away!". Let me tell you, I feel like I just went to my last first day of school.


2. Go to that football game, hangout with your friends, go to that basketball game, participate in your student section. Get involved!!

You will never get this time back. Trust me, Netflix is not going anywhere. Go have fun because soon, you will wish that you could go to that last football game...

3. Don't let the stress of this year ruin it for you. 

This year has been the most stressful year of my life. From school work, to being the Student Body President, to applying to college, to just the chaos from this past year. This too shall pass, honey. I promise you, it will all be worth it in the end. Do not worry about the little things, it will all get worked out.

4. If you do not get into your dream school, IT IS OKAY!! 

Have a number one pick for college and then have a couple of back-ups. If you do not get into the school that you always pictured yourself at, maybe it is because GOD has a BIGGER plan for you. Which leads me to my next tip...

5. Always keep your Faith no matter where you are in life.

Whether you are the happiest you have ever been or the lowest you have ever been. Believe in GOD's plan for you. I know it is hard to not know what HIS plan is, but it will all be worth it. Keep your Faith even through the rough times and constantly pray. It is amazing how far a prayer can go.

6. Keep your friends in your prayers.

If your life is chaotic, so is your friends. Constantly pray for your friends because you never know what they are going through. Check out my last blog post for a more in depth discussion about this topic. ;)

7. Be there for someone this year.

Reach out to someone that you usually wouldn't talk to. Use this whole Senior position as a good thing and reach out to someone. Whether this is reaching out to someone sitting alone at lunch or just smiling at an underclassmen in the hallway. You never know how far kindness can go.

8. Always stay humble and kind. 


Yes, I am referencing the Tim McGraw song. This song came on multiple times a day the week of graduation. Therefore, I knew that it was my finale song. Here are some of the lyrics, "I know you got mountains to climb but Always stay humble and kind. When the dreams you're dreamin' come to you, When the work you put in is realized, Let yourself feel the pride but Always stay humble and kind". There will be mountains that you will have to climb this year, but always stay humble and kind. If you have never heard this song, I suggest you listen to it. I hope and pray that I can live how the song says to.

Relax. This year is going to be so chaotic but oh so fun! There will be ups and downs but it will all be worth it in the end. Don't forget to have fun and enjoy the ride! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment